Meet Nick & Danielle
A video message from Nick & Danielle
A Letter from Nick & Danielle
Hello! We are so happy at the thought of becoming parents through adoption. We hope you continue scrolling to learn more about us and to get an idea of what life could look like for your child.
We have built a wonderful life in a small beach community on the coast of Virginia, surrounded by a village of family and friends who can’t wait to help us welcome your child into the family!
Even through infertility treatments and multiple miscarriages, our desire to grow our family remains stronger than ever. We are so excited to be on this journey to become parents through adoption.
Our story started when we met almost nine years ago one night in our small college town of Annapolis – we have been together ever since.
Together we enjoy:
• Cooking: We prioritize having family dinner together every evening.
• Going to the beach: We are so lucky to live across the street from the beach and we try to go often, even if it’s just to catch the sunset.
• Sports and water activities: We love everything from kicking a ball around the backyard to swimming in the ocean waves or paddle boarding on the Bay, to waterskiing off the back of boat or snowboarding on the slopes.
• Going on walks: We love to take walks around the neighborhood and on the beach with our dogs, Harlow and Penelope.
• Bike Riding: We love to ride our beach cruisers around our neighborhood and to local restaurants and breweries.
• Hiking and Camping: We love to travel to different National Parks around the country.
• Traveling: We love to travel and take several trips every year, both internationally and around the US.
• Going out to dinner and to the movies.
• Working out in our home garage gym: Living a healthy lifestyle is a priority for us.
• Sunday Football Games: We love to watch Sunday Football games with family and friends, especially Navy football games.
• Neighborhood fun: We love spending time with our neighbors around the firepit in our backyard or making pizzas in our neighbors’ outdoor pizza oven.
We built our 4-bedroom house last year with our growing family in mind. We live across the street from the beach and have a neighborhood park just two blocks over from our home. Our neighborhood is filled with local restaurants and breweries, which we love to go to, often riding our bikes to get there. On Saturdays, we walk just a few blocks to the local Farmer’s Market to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies for the week.
Highlights about where we live:
• Our neighborhood is filled with wonderful, fun-loving people from all walks of life and their children.
• Most of our community has young children, and our future children will grow up always having someone to play with.
• The neighborhood park has multiple swing sets and jungle gyms.
• The beach has limited parking, so it is mostly frequented by just the neighbors.
I work in Public Relations and as a Naval Officer for the U.S. Navy. My job offers me the flexibility to work from home as needed.
Nick says: Danielle is the most caring, intelligent, and attentive person I have ever met. She never forgets a birthday or special occasion and has a heart for others – she always goes the extra mile for people. She has a vibrant laugh, a warm personality, and a strong work ethic. The one thing she has always wanted in her life is to become a mother. She has a natural intuition when it comes to children that can’t be taught as it comes from her passion for them. She is an amazing woman, an amazing wife, and I know she will be an amazing mother.
• Interior design and home decorating
• Traveling (Fun fact: Danielle has been to 47 states in the U.S., 31 countries, and 6 out of the 7 continents)
• Singing in the shower
• Reading a good book
• Going to the beach
• Playing lacrosse (Fun fact: Danielle played Division One college lacrosse)
• Watersports (waterskiing and wakeboarding)
• Skiing and snowboarding
• Working out
I am a Chief Engineer and Naval Officer for the U.S. Navy.
Danielle says: Nick is kind-hearted, hardworking, and intelligent. Not long after I met him, he expressed his desire to become a father. He grow up as an only child always wanting siblings, which is why he wanted to have lots of children someday. He is selfless, compassionate, and will do anything to make those he loves happy. Nick values family over everything, and it shows through his words and actions. He is so excited to be a dad and I am so excited for him to pass on these values to our child. It is so very apparent to me that he will be a wonderful dad.
• All sports: both watching and playing (Fun fact: Nick also played Division One college lacrosse)
• Going to the beach
• Reading up on topics he’s curious about (Fun fact: Nick is always leading our trivia team to victory!)
• Watching movies of all genres
• Playing video games
• Working out
Family is everything to us. In addition to our large extended families, filled with great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, our child will have two sets of loving grandparents. Our child will be our parent’s first grandchild and our grandparent’s first great-grandchild- they are all thrilled! They are excited to spoil our child with love and affection.
Nick’s parents are looking forward to sharing with your child their love for music, trivia, baking, and personal relationships.
Danielle’s parents are looking forward to teaching your child everything from boating and cooking to gardening and art, as well as teaching them the little things that are often overlooked using their lifetime of experiences. Her brother is looking forward to becoming the “cool uncle” and spending time teaching them about movies, sports, jet skis, dirt bikes, and mechanical engineering.
We love spending time with our families on special occasions, weekends, holiday gatherings, and family vacations. It is always a great time when we can all get together – we can’t wait for our child to join in on the fun!
We are committed to giving everything we have to raising your child. We promise to give them a wonderful childhood with everything they need to be able to chase their dreams. And, most of all, we promise to love them unconditionally.
We would love to get to know you and build a relationship where we can all support one another throughout this journey. If you’d like, we welcome continued contact with you. We promise to honor you as an important part of our family and will always answer your child’s questions with honesty and love. You will always be spoken of with gratitude, and your child will always know how we all came together through love.
Danielle & Nick
Learn More About Nick & Danielle
|Our Education||Bachelor's Degree (U.S. Naval Academy) and Master's Degree (Naval Post Graduate School)||Bachelor's Degree (U.S. Naval Academy) and Master's Degree (Georgetown University)|
|Our Professions||Chief Engineer, Naval Officer||Public Relations Manager, Naval Officer|
|Our Racial Background||Caucasian||Caucasian/ Hispanic|
|Some of Nick & Danielle's Favorites|
|Hobby||Working out||Home design|
|Ice Cream Flavor||Sea Salt with Caramel||Mint Chocolate Chip|
|Past Travel Adventure||Cruise through the Alaskan fjords||Pacific Coast Highway road trip to Big Sur and Yosemite National Park|
|Thing about my spouse||Her drive to succeed||His big heart|
|More About Our Family|
We value kindness, compassion, and hard work. We hope to raise a child with our values in mind, instilling in them the importance of having a kind heart, being humble, and working hard in everything they do.
Family: We put family first in every decision we make. We make every effort to spend time with our family and the ones we love in order to make lasting memories at every chance we get.
Faith: We attend mass at a Catholic church and our faith in God guides our lives and drives us to be good to others.
Education: We both strongly believe in the importance of education, as we both have master’s degrees. We are planning for our children to attend private Catholic school and a college of their choosing. Because of our service to the nation, we are both eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill, which gives each of us a fully paid undergraduate college degree, which we intend on gifting to our children.
Teamwork: We both believe in the importance of sports and team building activities, as we both played Division One college lacrosse. Even if our children decide not to continue to play sports, the foundation of teamwork they will learn at a young age is the a critical skill which can be applied to all of life’s endeavors.
Culture: We believe in the value of learning about other cultures, in our own neighborhood and around the world, which is why traveling is an active part of our life. We plan on continuing to travel the world, always bringing our children along with us.
• Friday night pizza and movie night: On Fridays we make homemade pizza together and then eat it while watching a movie on the couch.
• Cooking Paella: Danielle's grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Spain and brought with them much of their culture. To this day, we enjoy coming together to cook paella, a Spanish rice dish. We have a large paella dish and enjoy cooking together as a family in the backyard.
• Family vacations: We try to travel as often as we can to new places, but there are some vacations we do over and over. Every summer we travel to Montauk to spend a week at the beach with Danielle’s extended family, a tradition that has been ongoing since Danielle’s mom was born.
• Holiday Traditions: We love our holiday traditions and are always looking for opportunities to create new ones. On New Year’s Eve we play board games until the ball drops, on the 4th of July our neighborhood sets up tents on the beach all day until the fireworks conclude at night, and for Christmas traditions, well there are too many to document.
• The annual Army Navy Football Game: When we are not traveling to the game in person, we host a big party at our home to watch the game with all of our family and friends who enjoy Navy football as much as we do.
• Birthday celebrations: The birthday guy or gal chooses their favorite meal for dinner and cake of their choosing.
|We Prefer a Child Who Is...|
|Age of Child|
Newborn - 3 months
We would love the opportunity to parent twins.
We are open to any gender.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us! We are so grateful to you for considering our family for your child. We would love to get to know you and build a relationship where we can all support one another throughout this journey. If you'd like, we welcome continued contact with you. We feel open adoption is a wonderful choice and will honor our commitment to staying in touch throughout your child’s life. We promise to provide stability, love, education, and a happy, healthy home for your baby. We'd love to talk with you or answer any questions! Call or text Lifetime to ask about us.